Monday, August 2, 2021

My Commandments

 

Terry Orr 

 

The Ten Commandments

 

       Early on in my life, the Ten Commandments just did not set well with me.

       Too many negativities 

       Granny Greenwell’s fantastic teaching, her common sense about everyday life – seemed a much better approach to life

       My discovery of the “Native American” Ten Commandments resonated with me 

       I studied several different versions into what my 13 Commandments is now 

 



My 13 Commandments

 

  1. Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect
  2. Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit
  3. Show great respect for your fellow beings
  4. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind
  5. Take from the earth what is needed and nothing more
  6. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed 
  7. Do what you know to be right
  8. Give constant thanks to the great spirit for each new day
  9. Look after the well-being of Mind and Body
  10. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater Good
  11. Follow the rhythms of nature: rise and retire with the sun
  12. Be truthful and honest at all times
  13. Take full responsibility for your actions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...