Monday, June 6, 2011

Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Yum



 

Today is Chocolate Ice Cream day, another one of my Favorite Days! I love chocolate, and I love ice cream...so this is probably a perfect food! Well, for me anyway. I remember the very first time I had chocolate ice cream. It was summer time, and I was at a friend's house, and they had a big tub of it. She dipped some out for both of us, and I thought I was in heaven! Now before this I had only had vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup on it. While this is good, it is totally different than chocolate ice cream. It is all chocolate through and through.





While visiting another friend several years ago she shared with me a simple recipe for making this delicious treat. When done, it tastes like a Wendy's frosty.



Chocolate Ice Cream:

1/2 gallon chocolate milk

1 can sweated condensed milk

1 8 ounce carton of cool whip



Mix in a large bowl and place in your ice cream freezer. Follow directions to your freezer as directed.

This is a perfect treat for a warm summer night, or even a cold winter night! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...