Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Hit Wonder's

By Diane Forrest,


I'd like to thank the guy
Who wrote the song
That made my baby
Fall in love with me

Who put the bomp
In the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
Who put the ram
In the rama lama ding dong?
Who put the bop
In the bop shoo bop shoo bop?
Who put the dip
In the dip da dip da dip?
Who was that man?
I'd like to shake his hand
He made my baby
Fall in love with me (yeah!!)

These are the lyrics to Who put the bomp bye Barry Mann, written in 1961.  This song was one included on a cd I have called top hits of the 60's.  You may not recognize the singer, that is because this was his one and only hit song.   It was a very catchy Dance song, with fun words.  Click on this link to hear it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXmsLe8t_gg.
"Don't Worry, be happy"

I am telling you this because today is One Hit Wonder day.   A One Hit Wonder is is a person or act known mainly for only a single success. The term is most often used to describe music performers with only one hit song.   I was looking through the list of 100 One hit wonders....you may be surprised who it on that list.   From Randy Travis, to Paris Hilton ( who even knew she sang?)  To Geraldo. 
Some of the songs you can't forget are:

  • "Who let the dogs out?"
  • "Ice Ice Baby"
  • "Don't Worry, be happy"
  • "Don't break my heart, my achey brakey heart"
  • "what the world needs now is Love sweet love"
  • "Mr. Big Stuff, who do you think you are?"
  • "I'd like to teach the world to sing"
  • "smokin in the boy's room"


The list goes on and on.  Even though these artists only had one hit, they made their mark in history, and how many of us can say we had a hit song?  So cudo's to them for their contribution to the music industry, and for many memories these songs gave us.  To view more One Hit Wonders, click on this site: http://www.onehitwondercentral.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...