Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I Carry A Gun...




My dad said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.


I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
 I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.
 I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
 I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
 I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
 I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
 I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
 I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.


Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...