By Terry Orr
Leaving kids in cars by themselves is just plain wrong! To do so in warm/hot weather boils my blood where I read or hear about this happening. Those individuals need to experience what it is like being inside in all that heat. Then again, some folks are just clueless and or don’t care. They need professional help.
Kids in Hot Cars
- Never leave kids alone in a hot car, even briefly.
- Always check the front and back seats of the car before you lock it and leave.
- See a kid alone in a hot car? Call 911 immediately. Get them out ASAP if they are in distress.
- Put your purse, briefcase, or something else you need by the car seat so you don’t forget to check.
- Always lock your car when it’s empty so kids can’t get in without you knowing.
SOURCE: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration