By Terry Orr
7 Safety Tips:
- Dig a small pit away from overhanging branches. (Most parks have campfire pits ready and waiting for you.)
- Circle the pit with rocks or be sure it already has a metal fire ring.
- Clear a five-foot area around the pit down to the soil.
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby.
- Stack extra wood upwind and away from the fire.
- After lighting, do not discard the match until it is cold.
- Never leave a campfire unattended, not even for a minute.
|...can prevent ....|