Sunday, July 1, 2012

International Chicken Wing Day


(Google Image)

By Chef Diane

I have known my father my whole life, but 2 days ago I found out something new about him.  I was shocked to learn that the chicken wing was his favorite part of the chicken!  All this time I thought he liked the breast.  Guess that just goes to show you that you can always learn something new about those you thought you knew everything about.
(Google Image)
I really don't know how the subject came up, but it seems like there has been an explosion of chicken wing popularity in the last couple of years.  Now you can go to almost any restaurant and find them on the menu.  I imagine that is why they earned their own day for celebrating.
(Google Image)
Today is International Chicken Wing Day.  They are cooked in many different ways, and have several different sauces for dipping.  Many like the buffalo wings, my husband loved the Asian wings that they served at Wendy's. They can be fried, baked or bar b qued.  A great snack during sporting events, or appetizers at a party.  If you can't find any where you live, here is a recipe from allrecipes.com for the buffalo wings.  Give them a try and let me know what you think
(Google Image)
Buffalo Chicken Wings

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 10 chicken wings
  • oil for deep frying
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 1 dash ground black pepper
  • 1 dash garlic powder


Directions
  1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
  3. Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...