Thursday, July 26, 2012

All or Nothing Day


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest

When my son was in college a few years ago, I was surprised and shocked to learn that he had gone out of town with some of his friends to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.  As for myself, I can't imagine why anyone would want to jump out of a plane, unless it was fixing to crash, but many enjoy the thrill of floating in air.  Such as President George H.W. Bush who likes to skydive on his birthday.
(Google Image) 
Recently I found out that this year, instead of jumping out of a plane, my son went up and flew it.  While I prefer he keep both of his feet on the ground, I have to commend his courage and resourcefulness.  With him, it’s either all or nothing.  When I told my father about his flying, hoping to "shock" him, all I got was my father wishing he had taken flying lessons when he was younger.  Who knew?
(Google Image) 
There are many people in this world what are risk takers, rule breakers, and those who like to play it safe. I have a friend who likes to bet on horse races. When he goes, he will take a friend along with him.  His friend will place a single bet with all his has in his pocket, not being satisfied with a small bet on each race. If he wins, he wants to win big, but when he loses, he loses everything.  I guess that’s where the phase "easy come, easy go" comes from.
(Google Image) 
Today is All or Nothing Day.  It's a day where you can just say to yourself, "what have I got to lose?'  Just bite the bullet and take the plunge.  You don't have to do something extreme like jumping out of a plane, or betting the bank, you can simply talk to your crush, or tell him/her that you love them.  You can make an apology over a long time burden you have been carrying.  You can even try something new like order a strange dish at a local restaurant.  All or Nothing Day is a time to take risks and live on the edge. Live like today is your last day alive and let your inner daredevil shine.
(Google Image) 
So today, try something new, give it all you got, and who knows, something wonderful may happen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...