By Terry Orr
Let us all join in celebrating the 17th National Massage Therapy Week by doing something special for someone and ourselves by getting an appointment for a well deserved massage!
Last October, we provided a quick guide to the most popular types of massage therapy to help you figure out which massage therapy style is right for you (http://kisbyto.blogspot.com/ 2012/10/national-massage-therapy-week.html).
What are the benefits of massage therapy? Let us explore some of the benefits of a good massage.
BENEFITS OF REGULAR MASSAGES
- Relaxes the body;
- Reduces tension headaches;
- Lowers blood pressure;
- Increases and promotes joint flexibility;
- Relieves tired and aching muscles;
- Increases circulation;
- Reduce spasms and cramping; and
- Improves posture and balance and so much more.
- Reduces mental stress;
- Promotes quality sleep;
- Improves mood, intellectual reasoning and productivity;
- Induces mental relaxation; and
- Improved concentration.
- Reduces anxiety;
- Enhances self-image;
- Provides a feeling of well being; and
- Nurtures and stimulates emotional growth.
REFERENCES AND LINKS: