Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Opposite day


(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest,

When my son was younger, he would try to get out of homework or chores by declaring it was Opposite Day.  Then he would tell me he was supposed to have pizza for supper or watch a special movie, and I would tell him, but you said it was opposite day.  He didn't realize that it worked both ways; he wanted to get rid of the bad, but keep the good things.  At the time I thought it was just something he made up, and it wasn’t until today that I realized it was an actual "day".

Nobody knows exactly how this day came about.  There are some references to President Calvin Coolidge in the 1920's.  Apparently he said one thing but meant another.  Strange coming from a President!

(Google Image) 

On opposite day, everything is opposite of what it is supposed to be.  So how do we even know it is Opposite Day, it could be the opposite of opposite day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...