National Pet Day/Week/Month
National Pet Month’s aims are to:
- promote responsible pet ownership
- make people aware of the benefits of pets for people and people for pets
- increase public awareness of services available from professionals who work with animals
- raise awareness of the role, value and contribution to society of working companion animals
Happiness is……time with your pet
Top Ten Tips for Responsible Pet Ownership:
- Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about its special requirements.
- Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
- Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
- Provide suitable housing and bedding.
- Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
- Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
- Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
- Groom your pet regularly.
- Control your pet and ensure it is properly identified.
- Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.