Friday, October 26, 2012

World Menopause Month

(Google Image) 

Nurse Diane

Almost every afternoon I got to visit my father and sit in his workshop and watch television.  Lately it’s been very cool in the northern states, but here in the south, a cool spell starts at 75 degrees.  Last week I show up at my father's wearing my usual attire of shorts, when it seems really warm in his shop.  He had just installed an air condition unit, so I know that was working ok.  As I sat down in my normal seat, it hit me.  There was a heater on right in front of me!!!  I asked my father if he was cold …and he said I get hot, then cold, and back and forth...so I told him he must be going through the change.

The change I was referring to is of course Menopause.  This causes me to wonder why all women's problems begin with MEN...menopause, menstruation, and mental illness.
(Google Image) 
Menopause can lead to a variety of age-related diseases including heart disease and osteoporosis. Moreover, symptoms of menopause can have a truly negative impact on the quality of daily life. By tightening our reigns on these issues, we can keep them in check so we can continue living strong, meaningful and long lives. For World Menopause Month, learn what the biggest threats to your health are at menopause and ways to prevent them according to redhotmamas.org.
(Google Image) 
It’s a woman’s world these days and we are fortunate to be living in a time where we no longer have to suffer from menopause in silence and alone. The old, negative, hushed attitudes of menopause have been thrown to the wayside. We are no longer are fed the line, “it’s all in your head”. Through public awareness and modern research, menopause symptoms are taken seriously and considered very real. Advanced and innovative treatments are now available that provide us with the quality healthcare we need to control symptoms and conditions related to menopause.
(Google Image) 
Armed with knowledge from friends, family, menopause support groups like Red Hot Mamas and your healthcare provider, you can tackle the uneasiness of the transition.

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...