Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Did someone say Workaholics?


It's July 5th and today is my day!  It is true!  I am a Workaholic, my friends and family attest to this fact. I also have Attention Deficient Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and never seen that as a detractor in life, but a special gift, especially when I can harness it properly.  I am very passionate about the things I chose to work on, such as this blog site.  Someone wrote about only taking a couple hours a day to maintain a blog site.  They lied and I am just not the only one who agrees with that assessment.

Workaholics are pretty easy to spot. They are the first person in the office and the last person out. They are almost always drinking coffee and never waste precious time eating lunch, gossiping or exchanging pleasantries. On Workaholics Day, salute the workaholic in your office by somehow convincing him or her to relax.

As a workaholic, I often wonder about the non-workaholics.  Those who only do the bare minimum, take little to no pride in their daily routine, chatting on the phone/online and wasting as much time as possible.  My question is, when they look into the mirror, are they satisfied?

If you are related to a workaholic, today is an especially important day for you. Celebrate by prying your loved one away from his or her desk and showing them the benefits of a day off. Take an afternoon nap, spend time reading a book or procrastinating on the web. Tell them that 
tomorrow is a new day, and that everyone works best when rested!

Being retired from the 9 to 5 routine and working from home allows me to take full advantage of being ADHD and a workaholic, do my household chores, and to take naps when the need arises (about every other day).  For me, it is a great life!

Planning our next vacation ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...