Tuesday, September 20, 2011

National Cheeseburger Day

By Diane Forrest,


Cheeseburger in paradise

Tried to amend my carnivorous habits
Made it nearly seventy days
Losin' weight without speed, eatin' sunflower seeds
Drinkin' lots of carrot juice and soakin' up rays

But at night I'd had these wonderful dreams
Some kind of sensuous treat
Not zucchini, fettucini or Bulgar wheat
But a big warm bun and a huge hunk of meat

Chorus:
Cheeseburger in paradise (paradise)
Medium rare with mustard 'be nice (paradise)
Heaven on earth with an onion slice (paradise)
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
Well good god almighty which way do I steer for my

Chorus:
Cheeseburger in paradise (paradise)
Makin' the best of every virtue and vice (paradise)
Worth every damn bit of sacrifice (paradise)
To get a cheeseburger in paradise
To be a cheeseburger in paradise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise



You guessed it...today is National Cheeseburger Day.  There are several theories about the origins of the cheeseburger. First said to be created between 1924 and 1926 by a chef named Lionel Sternberger in Pasadena, California, the story says that a homeless man suggested Sternberger should add a slice of cheese to his hamburger order. He complied, added it to his menu and the rest is history.

I love cheeseburgers; Saturday night at my house was always burger night, cooking out on the grill, then loading it up with home grown tomatoes, mayonaise, mustard and a slice of cheese. So good!  When I was younger and went to my grandparents for vacations, my grandpa would grill them on a charcoal grill, and then we would eat them with crunchy cheetoes and cold orange crush, watch slides on the side of the house and eat homemade ice cream out in the yard.  You just can't buy better memories than that!

So today on National Cheeseburger Day, why not grill your own and make some memories with your loved ones!

[This article was to be posted on September 18th - sorry for the delay.  Hope you enjoy! D' boss]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...