By Terry Orr
Remember the expression – “You never get a second chance to make a first impression” – well it is true, as most of us know – often first hand. We can however work to continue to make a good impression during our daily lives – and in business. Your image is more than just your visual brand, it’s your customer service, it’s your marketing and sales, it’s how you communicate with customers and how they view you, and it’s the way you do business.
So how can you improve your impression on others?
- Find out from others what they think?
- What can you do to improve your image to others?
- What is it others do – that impress you?
- What is it others do – that insult your sense of fairness and good business practices? Are you or your people doing it as well?
- Take a few moments at the end of each day and ask yourself – if I had to do over something today, what would I do differently? Then apply that lesson learned.
- Consult a professional organizer or image consultant to help you improve your office and appearance.
- Consult a web or graphic designer to design your website, blog, business cards, and brochures
Be consistent – the look and feel across all your marketing channels and your customer will feel at ease wherever they come in contact with you.
(All images from Google)