By Terry Orr
June is National Bathroom Reading Month!
Did you know?
The average American spends anywhere from 700 to 2,000 hours on the toilet throughout their lives. While cavemen were relegated to counting rocks to pass the time, modern man is blessed with a plethora of books designed to keep us amused.
There is actually websites dedicated to Popular Bathroom Reading Books (this is true folks – fact if often more interesting than fiction) and one such site is Good Reads (dot Com).
Here is a selected example of books from their list of 543 books:
- The Darwin Awards (one of my all-time favorites)
- Uppity Women of Medieval Times (never heard of it)
- Harriet the Spy (who would have thunk)
- The Alphabet of Manliness
- Earth (The Book): A Visitor’s Guide to the Human Race
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything; and
- The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.
Reader’s Digest offers these 9 Funny Books that Make Great Bathroom Reading:
- Uncle John’s Endlessly Engrossing Bathroom Reader
- The 50 Funniest American Writers
- Ken Jennings’s Trivia Almanac
- The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists
- Fierce Pajamas
- The Greatest Stories Never Told
- Guinness World Records™ 2012
- What's in a Name?
- 100 Wonders of the World
So we would like to know your favorite bathroom reading material – please let us know – thanks.
(Images from Google)