I just posted the second of three articles by Vivian Takafuji titled ‘Arthritis – Time to Take Control. It is another excellent read and we sincerely hope your enjoy it and part one. Part three will be posted later this week along with additional information regarding the Arthritis Walk this coming Saturday, May 21, 2011 on the National Mall. Vivian plans to be there as well.
Topics we are working on and intend to post this week are:
- Hepatitis Awareness. (Diane has prepared this article.) Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver. There are 3 main types of Hepatitis, A, which is airborne, B, which is blood borne, and C (formally known as Non A-Non B) There are a few more or less common types, D E F and G.
- Lyme disease Awareness. (Diane did the research and prepared this article.) Now that the winter months are behind us, people are getting outside more, playing, hiking, camping, and spending time enjoying nature. One of the hazards to being outside is being in contact with bugs and insects. While most of these are completely harmless, some carry disease or cause infections. Today I want you to be aware of the nasty little critter the tick.
- National Waiters and Waitresses Day. One near and dear to my heart, as I frequently eat out and enjoy their company and friendships. For the most part, they are hardworking, solid individuals; many are college students trying to get ahead in life.
- Bike Week. While I no longer bike (and my healthcare supporters wish I did) beyond being a great exercise, it is a nice way to get to and from work (providing there are safe routes).
- Armed Forces Day. On the heels of CBS multi-part interview with Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Simply a day to salute sharply to all of the men and women in all branches of the service who protect our country and you. They can be called upon at a moment's notice to perform a risky and perilous mission for freedom and country.
There is a strong possibility there more...
Thanks for all those folks who visited Keeping it Simple and we hope more will join in stopping by, reading our material and leaving your comments.
Our family cruise was wonderful! We will repeat taking another cruise in the next couple of years.
Wishing all a wonderful week