Thursday, November 22, 2012

Celebrating Thanksgiving Day 2012

(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  You get to visit with family, eat delicious food, and there is no stress about buying presents (that comes tomorrow!)  Today it’s just food, fun and football.
(Google Image) 
One of the things I like to do at our Thanksgiving dinner is to go around the table, and ask people what they are thankful for.  Some years it is harder than others. Two years ago, it was very hard to be thankful when my husband had just passed away.  This year, it will be hard for my son's wife who lost her father, and her grandmother was diagnoses with cancer.  Even in the midst of tragedy, there is always something to be thankful for.  My son just started a new job on the 19th of this month, and even though he will be moving farther away, I am thankful that in this economy, that he has a good paying job.
(Google Image) 
This has been a stressful year, with the presidential elections and debates, and television ads, and polls.  I am thankful that it is all over, and the country can get back to normal again.  I am thankful for my family, and my friends.  I have the best friends in the world, who are always there for me, listen to my problems, and keep me company during all the lonely times.   I am thankful for my dog, Snoopy.  He is always protecting me, letting me know if there is someone nearby, and never makes a mess.  I am thankful for all of you.  Writing on this blog not only keeps me busy and comforts me, but it also teaches me things about what is going on in the world today.
(Google Image) 
So this year, go around your table and see what others are thankful for, even if it just being thankful for waking up this morning and smelling that fresh cooked turkey!
(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 


1 comment:

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...