I recently received an email with some of the below information included. After checking with Snoops.com to verify the quote by Warren Buffett – thought it was worthwhile sharing on this Blog.
Please let us know what you think. Thanks
Warren Buffett said during on July 7, 2011 in interview with CNBC’s Becky Quick:
“I could end the deficit in 5 minutes. You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election”. (Verified at Snoops.com
The 28th Amendment concept has been around since at least 2009 and has had more than one name – though recently it has been the Congressional Reform Act (2010, 2011, 2012 and probably 2013). I support this concept and believe it is long overdue and probably the first or second step in cleaning up the mess that has been created during the past several decades.
Congressional Reform Act (AKA 28th Amendment, etc.)
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective upon signing of the bill. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.
Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!