Saturday, April 30, 2011

National Honesty Day 2011


How to celebrate this day
  1. Be Honest. This is a given on this day. National Honesty Day which is on April 30th every year is a holiday where you show you can be honest. Being honest might be hard but it shows that you have respect for others when you can be truthful about how you feel or think.
  2. Spread the word. This was a day I was unaware of so I say spread the word about National Honesty Day. Nothing beats celebrating a day where we may need a reminder to be honest.
  3. Research. Look around online on what it means to be honest and put that into your day on April 30th, as a matter of fact do it everyday. People like to be around people that are honest sometimes it may hurt but it is a good trait to have
National Honesty Day encourages us to be honest today, and everyday. We honestly believe you try your best to be honest.

Honesty is a great virtue. If we want people to believe us when it’s important, then we need to be open and honest all of the time. We all know about the boy who cried wolf. When a wolf actually appeared, no one believed him.



Celebrate National Honesty Day in a completely open and honest way. There are few rules for this special day......just be honest.

National Honesty Day also reminds Americans of the honesty of its forefathers, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Remember, Washington cut down a cherry tree, but ‘never told a lie’. It also provides a good reason just to be completely honest for a day.

If anything, National Honesty Day encourages personal honesty, which in turn, creates a domino effect and brings out honesty in others. It’s really not a bad thing.

We've all heard that honesty is the best policy, so save your lies for another day. And if your first thought upon reading that sentence is to think of situations in which dishonesty triumphs, then may we remind you of another popular idiom: liar, liar, pants on fire.


email


As parents, teachers, friends, and love ones – it is our responsibility to set the right example for those around us every day – Honesty is one of those essential traits!

So, with all that above from various sources on the internet I leave you with this thought.
If you tell the truth, it is easy to remember, time and time again.

1 comment:

  1. Im thinking I best be staying inside for the day and keep off the phone! While I do agree that honesty is the Best Policy, sometimes I just can't help but telling a little white lie...such as when someone asks..How does this look on me? or..Doesn't that taste delicious? This makes me think of the movie Liar Liar with Jim Carry! So...I think I will just keep my mouth closed today and report back earlier to let you know if I was successful!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...