Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Got Milk


National Chocolate Milk Day

(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

I have never been a milk drinker.  Just watching someone drink that white liquid makes me nauseous.  However, chocolate milk is a different story.  Just by adding a few spoonful’s of chocolate powder, or some chocolate syrup, and I could drink it all day long. 

(Google Image) 
Recently in the news there have been reports that Chocolate milk is no longer allowed in schools, because of the sugar content.  In my opinion it’s hard to weigh which is worse.  Not having necessary calcium and Vitamin D, or 8 grams of sugar.  According to one study I read on ABC, the extra sugar would add 5 pounds per year, but what they fail to mention is the calories these kids burn off in a day.  I’m assuming those 5 calories per year are for inactive children who can't move.  However the loss of vitamin D and Calcium would be detrimental to the formation of bones and teeth especially during the growing years.

(Google Image) 
Then there are the people like me who cannot drink plain white milk.  I know there are others besides me.

Today is National Chocolate Milk Day.  So to keep your calcium level up and your calories down, drink a nice glass of Chocolate milk, then take a long walk around the block or a nice bike ride in this cool fall weather.

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...