Monday, September 24, 2012

One Hit Wonder Day

(Google Image) 

By Diane Forrest

What do these songs have in common?  They were all ONE hit wonders from various artists.  A One hit wonder is a song from a group that is their only "claim to fame".  Meaning, they never had another hit song.  I would imagine this is not a list I would want to be included in If I was a singer, or part of a band.    If this song brought you instant fame, but you never had another hit song again, that would put an end to your career.  However, even if you were a one hit wonder, that is still more than most people in the world have ever achieved, and would be able to achieve a great since of accomplishment.
(Google Image)
Today is One Hit Wonder Day, so spend the day listening to one of your favorite hit songs

Artist
Song Title
Year
Benny Mardones
Into the Night
1980
Alive and Kicking
Tighter, Tighter
1970
Calloway
I Wanna Be Rich
1990
Frijid Pink
House of the Rising Sun
1970
The Chords
Sh-Boom
1954
Bobby Bloom
Montego Bay
1970
Charlie Dore
Pilot of the Airwaves
1980
Giant
I'll See You in My Dreams
1990
Candyman
Knockin' Boots
1990
Ron Holden and the Thunderbirds
Love You So
1960
Edison Lighthouse
Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
1970
The Divinyls
I Touch Myself
1990
SOHO
Hippychick
1990
Jimmy Eat World
The Middle
2002
Norman Greenbaum
Spirit in the Sky
1970
Blues Image
Ride Captain Ride
1970
David & David
Welcome to the Boomtown
1986
Sugar Hill Gang
Rapper's Delight
1980
Autograph
Turn up the Radio
1985
Mungo Jerry 
In the Summertime
1970

(Google Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...