Saturday, June 9, 2012

Donald Duck Day


Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Hey! there, Hi! there, Ho! there
You're as welcome as can be
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Mickey Mouse! (Donald Duck!)

Mickey Mouse! (Donald Duck!)

Forever let us hold our banner
High! High! High! High!

Come along and sing a song
And join the jamboree!
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Donald Duck
(Google Image) 
By Diane Forrest

Every time I hear that song, I always see Donald Duck sticking his head in calling out his name as if he were the "leader of the club".  Donald always wanted to be the top banana, and I think he was a little jealous of Mickey, but he never paid any attention to Donald.
(Google Image) 
Donald's full name is Donald Fauntleroy Duck. He debuted in the cartoon "The Wise Little Hen" on June 9, 1934, so... today is his birthday. Donald lives in Duckburg with his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie. He is the son of Uncle $crooge's older sister Hortense and her husband, Quackmore, but he and his twin sister, Della, were raised by Grandma Duck. He has a cousin, Gladstone, a pet St. Bernard named Bolivar and a long-term girlfriend, Daisy.
(Google Image) 
Donald can be a very grumpy duck.. and sometimes hard to understand, but he is still one of the most popular ducks around, one of Disney’s' favorite characters, and tops in comic books sales too.
(Google Image)  
Today is Donald Duck Day, it being his birthday and all, why not watch some old Donald Duck Movies or even have some cake and ice cream and celebrate the world's most famous duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...