Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garfield the Cat


(Google Image) 

By Terry Orr

Garfield is a comic strip created by Jim Davis. Published since June 19, 1978, it chronicles the life of the title character, the cat Garfield (named after Davis' grandfather); his owner, Jon Arbuckle; and Arbuckle's dog, Odie.

(Google Image)

Common themes in the strip include Garfield's laziness, obsessive eating, and hatred of Mondays and diets. The strip's focus is mostly on the interactions among Garfield, Jon, and Odie; recurring minor characters appear as well.

(Google Image)

Garfield Quotes:
  • Love me, feed me, never leave me.
  • I'm not over-weight, I'm under-tall.
  • Diet is "die" with a "t."
  • Eat every meal as though it were your last.
  • Some people have anxiety attacks, some people have gas attacks ...I have nap attacks.
  • With due respect to Will Rogers, I never met a lasagna I didn't like.
  • Have you used your brain today?
  • His I.Q. is so low you can't test it. You have to dig for it
  • Microwave lasagna. Possibly nature's most perfect food
  • I love the smell of Cinnamon Apple in the morning. It smells like victory


(Google Image)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...