Friday, June 29, 2012

Rebuild Your Life Month (June) – 2012


We all need help from time to time
(Google Image) 

By Terry Orr

Building upon last year’s article (http://kisbyto.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-is-rebuild-your-life-month.html) the following is offered for your considerations.

(Google Image)

Kristine Smith of the Berthound Examiner writes: “Because June is 'Rebuild Your Life Month', there's no better time than now to reexamine your life and take charge of it by removing stressors as you are able. While stress comes in many shapes and sizes, and much of stress is our perception of the environment around us, some situations are simply too big to ignore for long. Our bodies react strongly to even short term stress and long term stress can take the body and mind months or even years to recover from. Therefore, rebuilding your life can be the healthiest option for us, both physically and mentally.”

“Recognizing the stressor is the first step to rebuilding your life or redefining what you want your life to look like.”

“Rebuilding your life can be as simple as rearranging furniture or rearranging the relationships in your life. The bottom line is that looking forward to the future by readjusting the sails to navigate away from the past can be the best decision you will ever make.” (For more from Kristine’s article, please follow this link: http://www.examiner.com/article/june-is-rebuild-your-life-month)

Good advice Kristine and thank you.

(Google Image)

Life is about change.  Things all around us are changing constantly and we need to incorporate those changes (some we can simply ignore and other we may choose not to include).  I still take time each morning to have a short chat with myself in the mirror – reviewing how things went yesterday and if I had a do over – how would I change my actions.  Now that I am retired, I revisit my short, mid and long term goals – generally monthly.  While I was still working, that happen about two or three times a year – depending on what was going on.  Point being –be willing to make those necessary adjustment as smoothly as possible.

(Google Image)

A quick search on Amazon.com this morning list 787 books on the topic “Rebuild Your Life”.  Lots of good  meaning information out there – lots of folks are willing to tell you what you need to do – but when it comes right down to it – you need to do what is best for you!




1 comment:

  1. I am currently rebuilding my life (if you want to read about how it is going, I am writing a blog about it at http://rebuildingat30.blogspot.com). Thank you for the article, I will try to use your advice. It took me years to get to the point where I was even willing to rebuild what I lost. I don't know how to do it, if I can do it. I am scared to be honest with you. The worst part is that I am all alone, I lost all of my friends. How do you rebuild friendships at 30.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...