Saturday, April 6, 2013

No Housework



By Diane Forrest

Wednesdays at my house is cleaning day.  Every now and then I will run an extra load in the dishwasher or washing machine, but most everything is done on a Wednesday.  As I was looking at the schedule for this month I noticed that today was No housework Day.  I checked the calendar earlier to see if it fell on a Wednesday, but of course with my luck, its Sunday.  This is so unfair for two reasons, first, because my housework day is on Wednesday, and second, it's Sunday!  Who cleans house on a Sunday?


I do have a friend who spends much of the day on Sundays doing their weekly chores, changing bed sheets, washing clothes, buying and putting up groceries. So I let him know that he could take that day off, not sure if he will or not, but at least he has an excuse now!  I also told my daddy about the holiday.  He replied that it was a special holiday that he and my mother celebrate every day. Not just on April 7th!

According to punchbowl.com, a 2008 study conducted at the University of Michigan found that the average American woman scrubs her house at least 17 hours a week! After a long day at school or work, housework is the last thing anyone wants to come home to do.
Doctors and health experts say that it is essential for people with busy lifestyles to factor in time to relax. Relaxation can lower heart rate and blood pressure, reduce headaches, and improve concentration.

Celebrate National No Housework Day by ignoring the dirty dishes in the sink and the piles of laundry that need to be done and just relax.  If you can't relax with a messy house, go visit someone or go on a picnic, or to a movie, just get out and have some fun!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that. delicious chopped dates This is really very impressive guide of valve selection which can be very helpful for many industry people. Thanks for sharing this valve selection tips.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...