Saturday, July 13, 2013

Imagination



By Diane Forrest

My stepson's daughter just had a birthday and for a gift, he gave her the latest iPhone. I was shocked to say the least. She had turned 4. I was telling my friend this and he informed me how beneficial it would be for her because it would allow her to play games and such. I guess I am more old fashioned in this technical world. My thoughts were, what ever happened to baby dolls and tea sets? These are the building blocks of imagination, then when they learn to read and write imagination is then infinite.

I don’t mean to knock technology and the benefits of computers, however most of the time we depend on these things to do all our work for us, solve our problems and answer our questions. I think a 4 year old needs a box of crayons and sheets of paper and use their imaginations to draw pictures instead of playing an electronic game on a telephone.

What are your thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...