Monday, July 29, 2013

NATIONAL PAPERBACK BOOK DAY




By Terry Orr

Paperback writer

Paperback writer (paperback writer)
Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?
It took me years to write, will you take a look?
It's based on a novel by a man named Lear
And I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

It's a dirty story of a dirty man
And his clinging wife doesn't understand.
Their son is working for the Daily Mail,
It's a steady job but he wants to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

Paperback writer (paperback writer)

It's a thousand pages, give or take a few,
I'll be writing more in a week or two.
I can make it longer if you like the style,
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

If you really like it you can have the rights,
It could make a million for you overnight.
If you must return it, you can send it here
But I need a break and I want to be a paperback writer,
Paperback writer.

Paperback writer (paperback writer)

Paperback writer - paperback writer
Paperback writer - paperback writer

Paperback Writer by the Beatles was playing on my car radio while pulling out of the garage – reminding me that Paperback Book Day was just a few days away.  They are as popular today as they were in 1935 when


Actually, paperbacks are still quite en vogue, as proven by E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" which sold over a million copies in just 11 weeks. These unprecedented sales broke the previous record set by Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code," which took 36 weeks to break the million mark.


Paperback or Pocket books – have long been a favorite for their easy of storage, fits well in your pocket, purse and other place to carry them – and a fraction of the cost, weight and size of hardback books.  Nearly all of our paperback books are donated for our troops overseas.

[Photos from Google] 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...