By Terry Orr
What is your favorite type of hot dog?
How do you like fixing them?
What do you have on your hot dog?
How many kinds of hot dogs are there?
According to A Little Daily Discovery [http://alittledailydiscovery.blogspot.com/ 2011/05/how-many-kinds-of-hot-dogs-are-there.html ] :
This is a very difficult question, since people are coming up with their own special hot dog recipes every other day across the world. However, after much research, I have finally found that there are at least 50 kinds of hot dogs, since every state's capitol usually has a specialty hot dog of their own. Add in all the different brands and genres of hot dogs, and you probably come pretty close to 200 types of hot dogs- in America alone!
Vital Hot Dog Statistics
- In 2012, consumers spent more than $1.7 billion on hot dogs in U.S. supermarkets.
- Los Angeles residents consume more hot dogs than any other city (over 95 million), beating out Baltimore/Washington and New York.
- Chicago's O'Hare International Airport consumes SIX times more hot dogs, 725,000 more than Los Angeles International Airport and LaGuardia Airport combined.
- On Independence Day, Americans will enjoy 150 million hot dogs, enough to stretch from D.C. to L.A. over five times.
- During Hot Dog Season, Memorial Day to Labor Day, Americans typically consume 7 billion hot dogs or 818 hot dogs consumed every second during that period.
Regardless of how you like them cooked, prepared, and fixins to go with them – just go ahead and have yourself a couple and enjoy!
[Photos from Google)