By Terry Orr
Of all the articles that I have read over the years and counsel received - this is probably the best advice one can share!
During Healthy Weight Week, hide your scale, do not peek at a height and weight chart, and avoid body mass index (BMI) calculations. Love yourself, love your body. Change your thinking and focus on these goals:
· Accept your weight and embrace who you are.
· Set realistic health guidelines for yourself.
· Focus on positive lifestyle changes.
· Appreciate yourself. Create positive relationships with family, friends, and food.
· Change your thoughts: Erase negative thoughts and begin positive self-talk: "I am beautiful.”
· Enjoy your eating experience by eating a variety of foods. Do not diet or obsess on food, weight, or calories. Eat when hungry, stop when full.
· Move your body. Enjoy a hobby or turn up the tunes and dance.
· Relax. Take time out for yourself.
If you enjoy Healthy Weight Week, don't stop at one week, make lasting lifestyle changes forever! [Source: Shape]
References and Links: