Thursday, January 31, 2013

National Hot Breakfast Month – 2013


(Google Image) 

By Terry Orr

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  That is a fact – yet far too many people either skip or skimp on this meal.  One recent article stated that the average person only spends four minutes eating breakfast. Four Minutes. How on earth can you have a hot, healthy breakfast in four minutes?
(Google Image) 
I make an effort each morning to take at least 30 minutes, be generally 45-60 minutes to enjoy my breakfast.  I start with some fresh fruit along with my morning medications. Then to my entrée – egg white omelet, blueberry pancakes, or hot oatmeal most days with some sort of breakfast meat and wheat toast.
(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

Growing up in Missouri – breakfast was important meal – while we did not have large breakfasts during the school week – we sure made up for that on the weekends.  Creams of Wheat and Oatmeal with fruit were favorites on school days – especially on the cold mornings.
(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

Now that you have successful gotten through January – take a few minutes most mornings and have a good hot breakfast!

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

(Google Image) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...