Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January is Get Organized Month



(Google Image)
By Terry Orr

The National Association of Professional Organizer (NAPO) “The Organizing Authority” is encouraging us to get our collective acts together!  That is a worthwhile endeavor for sure and most of us could use some professional help in that regard.
(Google Image)
Two quick searches on Google and Amazon yielded – over 58 million and ~ 29 thousand returns respectively - interesting numbers.  Sort of makes one think – is it possible that we are this unorganized as a species?  How does that reflect upon our up bring and our ability to set good examples for our children? 
(Google Image)
I have found that improving upon my current ways of being organized has helped me significantly over the years – as change, like life, is a necessity. I continue my efforts of eliminating as much paper as possible – keeping most records in digital form.  Instead of having folders/files for things – I maintain a yearly receipt folder – easy to manage and only one folder to look for. 98% of my payments are done online – I continue to keep the paper statement from the bank. Around the house – I am frequently looking for better ways to store things, date checking, and purging.  In my home office where I spend most of my time – clutter at times becomes an issue – then I stop everything for an hour or so – to get rid of it. 
(Google Image)
Keeping it Simple – and within your own personal comfort level – really makes good sense to me.  If you are having problems finding that happy zone – seek help in finding it.

In my research this week, there are several good sites online to provide many ways to tackle your organization problems and have listed them below.  As mentioned about, there are many books available as well to help.

If you have found unique and or good ideas for organization in your life – please share them with us.  Thank you!!

References and Links:

(Google Image)

1 comment:

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...