Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rubber Ducky Day


(Google Image)

By Diane Forrest

Rubber Ducky, you're the one,
You make bath time lots of fun,
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you;

(woh woh, bee doh!)

Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, its true!

(doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

Every day when I
Make my to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby

(rub-a-dub-a-dubby!)

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of you

I remember hearing this song many times growing up, and I loved watching Earnie sing it on Sesame Street.  Rubber duckies have been around since th4e 1800's, but  there isn’t any record of their origin.  However, as time goes by, they seem to be getting more popular.  Now they come dressed in any number of different costumes.  When my son graduated high school I gave his class members each a rubber ducky in a cap and gown.   We had planned a hula party during his wedding festivities, and I have found some duckies wearing Hawaiian shirts and sporting leis.  You can also find a bride a groom ducky and even duckies for baby showers.   They are just cute little toys that really do make bath time lots of fun!
(Google Image)
According to punchbowl.com, in January of 1992, a shipment of 29,000 rubber duckies fell off a cargo ship in the Pacific Ocean? By 2007, the “Friendly Floatees” had traveled 17,000 miles around the world on the ocean currents. Some are still afloat today! Over the years, people reported sightings in Indonesia, Australia, South America, the Bering Strait, the Arctic, and (eventually) the Atlantic Ocean.
(Google Image)
So today, on Rubber Ducky Day, grab your little duck and splash around in the tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...