Wednesday, January 9, 2013

National Clean Your Desk Day


(Google Image)

By Terry Orr

We have all seen those messy and totally disarray desks and wondered just how they can possibly stand it and more importantly find things. Then there are those that are too clean and one wonders if they ever do any work? Somewhere between the two extremes we individually fine our happy place that is function and organized for our particular unique needs.
(Google Image)
Personally, I like having my desk neat, orderly and functional.  Depending upon what I am working – urgency of accomplishing a task – chaos will take over from time to time. Since retiring three years ago – my filing and organizations skills require sharpening from time to time.  This week’s objective is to clean off my desk, worktop, file those items that have been in the ‘to be filed’ box far too long and to establish my 2013 files and then move the 2012 files into the archive file cabinet.
(Google Image)
One habit that I have tried to apply on some sort of regular basis is cleaning off my desk each night before going to bed.  Before retirement – I attempted to make that a good daily habit – liked the clean, organized desk to start my work day off on the right foot.

(Google Image)

(Google Image)

(Google Image)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...