Monday, January 14, 2013

Organize Your Home Day – 2013


(Google Image)

By Terry Orr

Today and this week will be chaos at its best.

Monday – Painters arrive to paint family room and the Electrician and his helper begin process of installing our new natural gas generator.

Tuesday – Carpet installers arrive to install new carpet in family room; electrician and helper continue installation; maids arrive to clean remainder of home.

Wednesday – Electrician and helper turn off electrical power 4-5 hours for final electrical work on generator.

Thursday – handy man and crew arrive to install new mirror over fireplace, install new baseboards, and assemble and anchor new bookcases in family room.

Friday – is backup day is something fails to be completed earlier in the week.

In addition, on Monday I will attempt to finish organizing our laundry and pantry room – been a work in progress. That will be about all I’ll get done on getting our home organized this day – but something will be done in that regard.
(Google Image)
My normal daily routine around home since retiring is pick up any clutter, take out the trash, do the laundry as needed.  Dishes are done daily.  Yet I still need a good helper from time to time to move those things too big or heavy – and a fresh mind and eyes to give me different ideas on how to organize things a bit better. That is also a work in progress.
(Google Image)
I am somewhat old school and believe in keeping this simple – putting my car and house keys in the same place each and (almost) every time – same with coats, sweaters, etc. Sure saves me time and some frustrating moments.
(Google Image)
Over the past couple of years, I have read several articles on organization of the home, office, computers notebooks…yadda, yadda…but the point is – we have to take that first step to act upon those good ideas.

My quick search on Amazon.com for books on “Organizing your home” yielded 625 books.
(Google Image)
Getting one’s home organized for a day is really not all that difficult – the real challenge come trying to keep in neat and organized. Since January is all about getting ourselves, homes, computers et al organizes – here’s a tip – just work on one thing at a time, them move to the next item.  Good luck and let us hear your ideas on getting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...