Saturday, January 5, 2013

National Cuddle up Day 2013


(Google Image)

By Diane Forrest

"First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle."  Buddy the Elf.
(Google Image)
I routinely check Yahoo's home page for news and story updates.  During the Christmas season there were several articles on gifts to buy, gifts for her, gifts for him, gifts for your parents, and what not to buy.  I liked to check out these lists to get any ideas, but usually, I never saw anything that caught my eye.  There was one item, on the things NOT to buy list that had many comments listed in the comment section.  It was a boyfriend pillow, seen pictured above.  Many found it to be something they would like to have, especially on those cold lonely nights.

Today is National Cuddle up Day.  Cuddling is one of the best feelings I have ever had. I love to feel strong arms around me making me feel safe and warm.  But, if you don’t have someone there to cuddle with, there is still nothing to stop you from cuddling.

Here are some tips for you:
Cuddling up in your easy chair is a great idea.
Cuddling up to a pet is rewarding.
Cuddling up to a stuffed animal is quite secure and comforting.
Cuddling up with a good book is enjoyable.
Cuddling up by the fireside is warm and cozy.
If you do have someone close by, grab them and hold on tight, throw a warm soft blanket over you, watch a good movie and cuddle and snuggle all night long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

  October 15, 2023 Each day, I walk into my den to see what in new and what are my ‘to do’ items for the day and say good morning, Dad. This...